Sidebench is an award-winning digital innovation lab and startup venture studio based in Los Angeles that is dedicated to identifying, developing, and launching strategic technology products & platforms for its corporate and startup partners.
In 2017, after five years of building cutting edge technology for our various clients, we launched a new initiative called Sidebench Health. This new brand under the Sidebench umbrella is a new breed of digital agency — one that brings our years of expertise in strategy, design, and technology to the healthcare industry.
As Sidebench Health continues to grow, we’re looking for a sharp and personable Business Development Associate to join the team. This role will be responsible for contributing to our Business Development department in a wide variety of areas, including lead generation, research, and marketing. Our ideal candidate must be able to move quickly, run and help refine processes, conduct thorough research, and aspire to learn about digital health technology and how we identify, connect with, and bring on new client accounts.This is an excellent opportunity for a smart, hungry, tech enthusiast who is interested in business development and technology.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Provide research and support for the Business Development team
- Review inbound RFPs/leads and client requirements; work with sales team to structure strong responses & proposals
- Manage our client pipeline as well as support our customer relationship manager
- Help develop target account lists and pursue specific relationships
- Use a mix of email, formal & informal in-person meetings, calls, and social messaging for effective prospect outreach
- Write project proposals and respond to RFPs from potential clients
- Work with our Delivery Team to create project plans, handoff key information and scope tasks
- Research clients, competitors and target markets for outreach strategy
Our Ideal Candidate Has...
- Experience in an agency environment (ideally in business development, client services, or strategy)
- An understanding of common client business goal and the ability to help the pitch team create strategic deliverables including written and visual direction
- Experience creating written business development proposals and marketing materials
- The ability to actively manage relationships with prospective clients from initial conversation though the close.
- Passion for digital and desire to keep up with the latest digital trends
- Proficient knowledge of CRM tools including LinkedIn Sales Navigator, Base or other comparable systems
- Be proficient with case studies and client retrospectives
- Strong interest in technology and the internet and desire to learn more
- Ability to produce detailed and well-organized research and documentation (have a knack for effectively summarizing concepts, thoughts, and research)
- Strong research and analytical skills and problem solving ability
- Extreme attention to detail with a passion for proactivity
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must be responsive, pro-active, enthusiastic, and adaptable
Benefits and Perks
- You will assist on an interesting and challenging blend of projects and clients
- In addition to a competitive full-time salary, we offer a significant health reimbursement plan, generous PTO & remote time allotments, and a 401k program
- Since we’re all about learning and growth, you’ll receive a technology stipend and an educational stipend to spend how you choose
- We have a casual dress code in the office — no need to dress up for us
- We always make sure to plan one big company event and one small company event per quarter
- Our Culture Club celebrates new hires, birthdays, Sidebench anniversaries, and holidays
- We are walking distance from downtown Culver City and offer free office parking
- Our kitchen is stocked with free coffee, beer, and plenty of snacks
- You will work with a diverse team of intelligent people that make it fun to come to work every day