Sidebench is one of the fastest growing companies in Los Angeles and we’re not planning on letting up anytime soon. We’re tirelessly dedicated to identifying, designing, developing, and launching remarkable and impactful products for our enterprise and startup partners. We are excited by new ideas and new technologies that will help people live better lives.
At Sidebench, we pride ourselves on everyone having a voice. We don’t let job titles or years of experience dictate how we work and communicate. We’re all on the same team, looking to build the best products for our clients by continuously pushing ourselves and our process.
About the Opportunity:
As UX designer at Sidebench, you won’t be executing on someone else’s requirements, you will work with a team to discover them. You will challenge assumptions, break down silos, and investigate for insights. You will dive into your client’s business, conduct research to understand their customers, and strategically plan for impactful features. You will prototype at various fidelities fluidly, and facilitate feedback from users, the client, and the product team.
The Sidebench design team, your team, is committed to excellence and continuous growth. We’re always open to new ideas, processes and tools. We welcome thought leaders that evoke positive changes in our processes and culture and we expect team players that are adaptable to such improvements.
- Lead various workshops with clients and team members to uncover insights, bridge gaps, reveal new perspectives, and generate ideas.
- Conduct user interviews to dig deeper into user goals, pain points, and current workflows.
- Work with team to prioritize features, define an MVP, and create the product road-map.
- Produce prototypes of various fidelities for iOS, Android, and Web-based platforms.
- Lead effective and efficient design presentation and reviews.
- Review concepts with clients and facilitate effective feedback.
- Work with product managers and business development to provide deliverable estimates, develop project plans and timelines.
- Build healthy and trusting client relationships.
- Work collaboratively with team members to solve problems and iterate on solutions.
- Produce client deliverables in a timely manner.
- Ability to think big, go beyond just wireframes, and consider the whole experience.
- Ability to lead and manage multiple large projects
- 2+ years of agency experience working with multiple clients on multiple projects across different industries and technologies
- 3-5 total years of UX experience
- Experience designing complex projects for web & mobile applications that leverage emerging technologies
- Comfortable with estimating project timelines and individual capacity across numerous projects
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in client facing roles
- Understanding of web & mobile app development and general project management practices
- Experience conducting user interviews and user tests
- Strong understanding of design thinking principles
- Experience with prototyping tools (Invision, Principle, Framer.js, proto.io, After Effects, etc.)
- Multi-device portfolio featuring different design methodologies
- Strong grasp of grid systems, breakpoints, and media queries to facilitate a mobile-first design
- Solid conceptualization ability, visual communication, drawing skills, and sketchbook technique
Benefits & Perks
- In addition to a competitive full-time salary, we offer a significant health reimbursement plan, generous PTO & remote time allotments, and a 401k program.
- Since we’re all about learning and growth, you’ll receive a technology stipend and an educational stipend to spend how you choose.
- No need to dress up for us. We have a casual dress code in the office so wear whatever you are comfortable in. Just no bare feet. Please.
- We always make sure to plan one big company event and one small company event per quarter. Have an idea? Volunteer to plan our next one.
- We make a big deal of the little things. Our Culture Club makes sure to celebrate new hires, birthdays, Sidebench anniversaries, and holidays.
- Walking distance from downtown Culver City
- Free office parking!
- Tons of drinks & snacks. Want something specific? We’ll order it for you.
- Working with a diverse team who like to do interesting work and have fun.